Frequently Asked Questions
If you don’t see your question below, give us a call at (888) 706-7227. From deciding on the right subscription, to getting started, to making the most out of the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software you already have, we are here to help.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is software designed to help you manage your accounting and business needs efficiently and with ease. It comes with the functionality to handle accounting, payroll, payments, inventory, and more. It also has a familiar QuickBooks look-and-feel. Whether you’re new to business management software or already a QuickBooks customers, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise makes it easy to run your business from end to end.
Does QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise come with what’s in QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier?
Yes. It has all the features you love in Pro and Premier — more. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise packs more than twice the functionality and flexibility of Pro and Premier:
- More customizable reporting tools, including Advanced Reporting, our most powerful reporting tool yet
- A whole new level of user controls
- The capability to track hundreds of thousands of inventory items, customers and vendors,2 more than 6X the capacity of other QuickBooks products. Consolidated reporting from multiple locations or company files
- Sophisticated inventory and pricing capabilities
- Powerful accounting management tools, like batch delete, entry, reclassify, and period copy reporting capabilities
- Access to our members-only Customer Resource Center site
- Unlimited free US-based customer support and training
- And much more…
What are the recommended system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
Operating systems supported
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 Update 1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows: natively installed & Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2011/2013/2016, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 – Terminal Server Config., Windows Server 2003 (SP2), and Windows Small Business Server 2008 Note: Windows Home Server Edition is not supported.
Hardware and operating system requirements (client and server)
- 2.4 GHz processor minimum
- 4 GB RAM minimum (8 GB recommended
- 2.5 GB disk space recommended (additional space required for data files)
- 4x DVD-ROM drive (unless user is downloading from Intuit server)
- Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)
- Product registration required
- Optimized for 1280×1024 scree resolution or higher. Supports one workstation monitor, plus up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings.
Integration with Other Software
- Microsoft Word and Excel integration requires Office 2010, 2013, 2016, or Office 365 (32 and 64 bit)
- E-mail Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, GmailTM, Yahoo! Mail®, and Outlook.com®, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients
- Transfer data from Quicken 2015-2017, QuickBooks 2004-2017, QuickBooks Mac 2016 and Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365 (32 and 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit), Chrome
What is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting?
With QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting, your software and data are stored securely on remote servers, not on your office computers. That means you have the extra flexibility of accessing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise anytime, anywhere, and on any device, including Mac.6 Everyone in your organization, plus any authorized partners like your accountant, can work with the same data at the same time, no matter where they’re located.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting also comes with all the functionality of our QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software, as well as its look and feel, so there’s nothing new to learn.
How easy is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to use?
One of the best things about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is that it looks and works very much like our other QuickBooks software, so if you’re already a QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier customer, your staff will feel comfortable with Enterprise right from the start. There’s no steep learning curve, which means your employees can get up to speed quickly.
How many users can I add to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is available in 1-10 user, and up-to-30 user licenses. You can add users up to a 10-user license. If you currently have 10 users but need more seats, you can upgrade to a 30-user license.
Adding additional users is easy. Simply call us at (888) 706-7227, and a representative will assist you with updating and activating the additional licenses. You don’t have to wait to receive new software CDs in the mail, so your additional users can begin using the software right away.
Is technical support for QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise available?
Yes. Your subscription to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise includes exclusive, unlimited access to Intuit’s U.S.-based team of experts with deep QuickBooks technical and product knowledge. They’re thoroughly trained in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to provide support during or after installation, answer your technical questions, or help troubleshoot. They can also help you get the most out of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise by helping you tailor it to fit your business needs.
If you have QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with Hosting, our hosting partner, Right Networks, offers exceptional U.S.-based customer support. Its experts are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any hosting questions you might have.
Can I use my current QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier data with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
Yes. Transferring QuickBooks data is fast and easy — just like upgrading from QuickBooks Desktop Pro to Premier.
What about performance, stability and database connectivity?
To maximize multiple user productivity, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise multi-user mode is optimized for Microsoft© Windows 2008 Server and later client-server networks. You also now have the option of hosting your database server on a Linux operating system. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is also Remote Desktop Services compliant.18 You can centrally locate QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise on a single server and provide access to your multiple users via the LAN or WAN for remote locations. As a result, you don’t have to install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise on each user’s PC and you can maximize performance over lower bandwidth connections.
Can my accountant manage my files if I’m using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
Yes. Intuit created QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Accountant to help accountants support our customers using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise available in industry-specific editions?
Yes. QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is available in the following industry-specific editions:
- Manufacturing / Wholesale
- Field Services
- Professional Services
- Accounting Professional
Each of these industry-specific editions has the same key features as the standard edition of QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, plus additional reports and tools such as charts of accounts and menu items tailored to your business type.
Does QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise come with a satisfaction guarantee?
Yes! We stand behind QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with a money-back satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not satisfied, return it to Intuit within 60 days along with a dated receipt for a refund on your purchase price. Try out QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with no risk whatsoever.